2023 Edmonds Coho Derby Rules, Terms and Conditions
The PSA Sno-King and the sponsors of the derby accept no responsibility for loss, damage, injury to any boat, vehicle, equipment, contestant, passenger or observer during this event. Anyone entering the Derby, or providing assistance to Derby Officials or contestants, agrees to hold the Derby Committee, sponsors, and officials harmless for any damages or claims which may arise; and, in particular, if you choose to participate, you agree that you are responsible for your own safety. The Participant authorizes PSA Sno-King Chapter to use, edit, copy, publish or exhibit any photograph taken during this event for any lawful purpose, including commercial purposes, fundraising and any and all other promotional materials, without payment or consideration to the participant, and the participant waives the right to review any photograph.
- Fishing is allowed in the open areas of Marine areas; 8-1, 8-2, 9 and 10. The Snohomish River, or any river, is not included in the derby area. Fish that appear to have been caught in a river will be disqualified.
- All contestants must fish in accordance with the current WDFW Fishing Regulations.
Everyone aboard the boat must have a derby ticket. This includes Charter Boats. Random checks will be conducted.
- Derby Hours are from dawn to 2:00 p.m. sharp.
- Salmon must be caught the day of the event, in the designated Marine Areas, and arrive at the weigh in location via water to qualify for weigh in and prizes.
- Both hatchery fin clipped and Wild Coho (Silver) salmon may be weighed in to qualify for prizes. All participants agree to comply with all current WDFW rules for each area. WDFW enforcement may be present at the weigh in.
- Clean your fish before arriving at the weigh in location. All guts, gills and kidney (the blood next to the spine) must be removed. Derby judges may do additional cleaning at their complete discretion before weighing.
- Each contestant may weigh in only1 fish. There will be no upgrading of fish. Your first fish weighed in will be your entry.
- There are 2 weigh in locations; 1. Port of Edmonds near the launch sling. 2. Bayside Marine in Everett near the public launch area.
- NOTE: The Port of Edmonds does not allow any fish cleaning within the breakwater.
- You must be in line by 2:00 p.m. to be eligible to weigh in your fish. Time will be determined by derby official cell phone. No exceptions!
- Derby officials reserve the right to disqualify any fish that appears to have been tampered with, per the rules designated herein.
- Prizes shall be awarded for largest coho salmon (by weight) in various categories and for the salmon coming closest to the mystery weight.
- In the event of a tie, the time of weigh-in shall determine the winner (earliest fish wins).
- The decisions of Derby Officials on legality, time, and weight will be final and binding.
- Prizes and awards will be limited to one per entry.
- Youth (14 years and under) are eligible to win the adult prizes based on largest salmon. Youth are not eligible to win the adult mystery weight prize as they have their own mystery weight division.
Any violation of Derby rules or regulations shall be subject to disqualification at the discretion of the judges.
- Persons observing possible rules violations are required to submit a written protest, on a form available from Derby headquarters, to the judges no later than 3:00 p.m. Saturday September 10, 2022.
- There shall be no refunds. This is an all-weather Derby. Participants are expected to use reasonable judgment and common sense with respect to weather and sea conditions.
Prize recipients are responsible for payment of any taxes that might be owed on a particular prize, merchandise prizes shall have no cash value, and shall not be eligible for exchange or credit from the donor thereof. All prizes shall be final at the time of award.
- COVID 19 regulations will be in place for the prize ceremony.
Derby officials’ decisions are final in all Edmonds Coho Derby matters.
Port of Edmonds Headquarters
Weigh-In Deadline is 2:00 PM Sharp
The 2023 Edmonds Coho Derby gets started at 5:00 a.m. Saturday September 10th. The weigh-in runs until 2:00 p.m. sharp. You must be in line to weigh your fish by 2:00 p.m. No one will be allowed in line after 2:00 p.m. No exceptions. Be sure to weigh in your fish early as we have had ties every year and the tie breaker is the fish weighed in first. When you approach the scale be sure to have your derby ticket stub handy to show to the weigh master. Your fish will be weighed and logged into our computerized leader board system. The top 10 fish will be held on ice. We encourage you to retrieve your fish early if your fish drops out of the top 10. At 3:30 PM Prizes will be given away to the winners.
Moorage and Parking
The Edmonds Marina guest moorage is very popular. See the Port of Edmonds Marina Office for details on what is available if you plan to put your boat in the water Friday night. We encourage you to take your boat out of the water when you are done fishing as there is always a big crowd in the guest moorage area at weigh in time. We have arranged with the Port to offer parking for derby participants who launch their boats at Edmonds to park in the large lot at the very north end of the marina. There are only a handful of spots in the parking lot adjacent to Derby Headquarters for trucks and boats on trailers. Normally the large fenced lot across the street from the North end of the marina is used for only trailer parking but only on derby day the Port of Edmonds will let you park in that lot with your boat on the trailer. There is limited parking on the streets in front of the marina. Do not park in any Port of Edmonds parking space with the yellow lines as those are clearly marked for Port of Edmonds tenants only. We have delayed this ceremony to allow all of our Everett weigh in derby participants plenty of time to weigh in their fish at the Bayside weigh in station and drive down to the Edmonds.
Everett Weigh-In Station at Bayside Marine
After you have your boat on your trailer either park and walk your fish up to the scale to be weighed or drive through as directed by derby officials.
Have your ticket stub ready to present to the weigh master.
If your fish is in the top 10 be sure to keep it on ice and take it to Edmonds.
Please leave the area immediately after weighing in your fish so others can get in line.
If at all possible please leave your boat & trailer at home before coming to the Edmonds Derby Headquarters as there is very limited parking there. You will have 1 1/2 hours between weigh-in and prize presentation.
In the unlikely event the PSA Sno-King ticket sales do not exceed the breakeven threshold of 483 tickets, the ticket sale prize money will be prorated as follows: 34.5% to 1st place, 14% to 2nd place, 7% to 3rd place and 3.5% to the mystery fish.
PLEASE NOTE FROM THE U.S. COAST GUARD:
Rule 10 – Traffic Separation Schemes
(a) This Rule applies to traffic separation schemes ‹ adopted by the Organization › and does not relieve any vessel of her obligation under any other rule.
(b) A vessel using a traffic separation scheme shall:
(i) Proceed in the appropriate traffic lane in the general direction of traffic flow for that lane.
(ii) So far as is practicable keep clear of a traffic separation line or separation zone.
(iii) Normally join or leave a traffic lane at the termination of the lane, but when joining or leaving from either side shall do so at as small an angle to the general direction of traffic flow as practicable.
(c) A vessel, shall so far as practicable, avoid crossing traffic lanes but if obliged to do so shall cross on a heading as nearly as practicable at right angles to the general direction of traffic flow.
(d)(i) A vessel shall not use an inshore traffic zone when she can safely use the appropriate traffic lane within the adjacent traffic separation scheme. However, vessels of less than 20 meters in length, sailing vessels and vessels engaged in fishing may use the inshore traffic zone.
(ii) Notwithstanding Rule 10(d)(i), a vessel may use an inshore traffic zone when en route to or from a port, offshore installation or structure, pilot station or any other place situated within the inshore traffic zone, or to avoid immediate danger.
(e) A vessel, other than a crossing vessel or a vessel joining or leaving a lane shall not normally enter a separation zone or cross a separation line except:
(i) In cases of emergency to avoid immediate danger;
(ii) To engage in fishing within a separation zone.
(f) A vessel navigating in areas near the terminations of traffic separation schemes shall do so with particular caution.
(g) A vessel shall so far as practicable avoid anchoring in a traffic separation scheme or in areas near its terminations.
(h) A vessel not using a traffic separating scheme shall avoid it by as wide a margin as is practicable.
(i) A vessel engaged in fishing shall not impede the passage of any vessel following a traffic lane.
(j) A vessel of less than 20 meters in length or a sailing vessel shall not impede the safe passage of a power-driven vessel following a traffic lane.
(k) A vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver when engaged in an operation for the maintenance of safety of navigation in a traffic separation scheme is exempted from complying with this Rule to the extent necessary to carry out the operation.
(l) A vessel restricted in her ability to maneuver when engaged in an operation for the laying, servicing or picking up of a submarine cable, within a traffic separation scheme, is exempted from complying with this Rule to the extent necessary to carry out the operation.
Turpis dignissim lectus arcu pulvinar in cras diam ut montes! Mus nascetur, elit in dignissim et sit et, porttitor integer dictumst. Mattis magna porta, nunc massa, etiam, cursus ultricies ut? Aliquet porttitor est. Montes dignissim integer augue.A happy customer
Porttitor quis elit scelerisque egestas sociis nunc placerat elit, habitasse sed elit, ut proin, nec, adipiscing cursus elementum nunc in! Rhoncus. Scelerisque ut amet, purus dolor velit! Tincidunt. Porttitor. Turpis, et mid amet placeratAnother customer